A few of these advantages include:
- Because applications are designed for mobile use, staff, customers, and partners can access information anywhere, anytime.
- As the company grows, no staff time is required to upgrade or maintain hardware.
- Cloud vendor maintains and updates software, ensuring that the most current version is always available for use.
- The best security is available from the SaaS cloud vendor, as evidenced by many cases of on-premise systems being breaches in medium and large scale organisations.
- Disaster recovery plan ensures data is safely backed up.
- Intuitive user interfaces helps to increase productivity.
Because cloud solutions have been used to run ERP for some time now, the industry has access to documented results of the benefits. The eBook looks at various examples such as research from the Aberdeen Group. Aberdeen reported that, over the last 2 years, midmarket companies that were not leveraging cloud-based platforms had an average profitability improvement of 9%. On the other hand, cloud-enabled midmarket companies were reported to have an average improvement in profitability of 17% over the same timeframe.
Aberdeen also discussed integration with other technologies, saying:
“For midmarket organisations, the flexibility that cloud environments provide actually enables them to implement more technology that can improve processes.” Some of these results include:
- 13% more likely to have Customer Relationship Management
- 43% more likely to have Business Analytics
Ultimately, this improves visibility, impacts collaboration, and enables efficiency and agility.
To find out more about cloud computing, its impact on ERP and MYOB’s cloud-based solutions, including MYOB Advanced, a scalable and robust solution for businesses across a wide range of industries, download the eBook. Alternatively book a MYOB Advanced demo.